RKO Steel Limited
1. To operate overhead cranes.
1.(a)To review project cut lists and provide the correct size and grade material to the transfer table, saws, and angle master.
2. To store raw materials in a safe and organized manner in the assigned location until required by production /operations.
3. To meet and direct inbound drivers ensuring delivery paperwork matches the purchased material requirements, when required.
4. To safely unload and identify raw materials in receiving bay, when required.
5. To inspect and ensure raw materials received matches PO requirements and is received in a good condition, when required.
6. To mark raw materials with the assigned Record number, grade, and description.
7. To communicate with the operations clerk, obtaining record numbers, and advising of raw materials received.
8. To identify and segregate (or tag) raw materials found to be non-conforming or deteriorated beyond a usable condition.
9. Carry out all other tasks as required to maintain daily plant operations.
10. To effectively communicate with cross-shift personnel at shift change.
The above are your primary duties, other tasks may be assigned by your direct supervisor on an as and when needed basis.
General Responsibilities & Requirements
Ensure raw material identification remains legible and visible while in the storage yard.Load and unload delivery trucks in the receiving bay area, when required.
Assist with the load out of outbound deliveries from the receiving bay (when and as required)
Operate a dual hoist 10 Ton overhead crane ensuring required certifications / competencies remain valid.
Ensure necessary inspections are completed on equipment including rigging equipment prior to use.
Maintain compliance with the NS OHSA requirements
Able to work in any and all weather conditions while safe to do so.
Steel Yard Maintenance; snow removal, sticker cleanup, etc.
Excellent verbal and written skills
Crane Operator Certification / training
Safe rigging training
Forklift / Telehandler operator training
Truck/trailer loading training
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com