Website Office to Advance Women Apprentices
Office Assistant – Summer Student Position
Position Duration: 35 hours per week – 8 weeks
The Office to Advance Women Apprentices (OAWA) is looking to hire a summer student for an Office
Assistant position under the NL Student Summer Employment Program (SSEP-PS).
The successful candidate must meet the NL Student Summer Employment Program (SSEP-PS)
eligibility requirements. Candidates must be entering or returning to a Post-Secondary training
program as a full-time student in the fall of 2023
– Currently enrolled in an Office Administrative (or related field) post secondary program.
– Database maintenance and data entry (experience with ARMS would be an asset)
– Contacting clients and employers for updates via telephone and email
– Word processing and document control via G-Suite
– Ability to perform filing, organize office documents and shred confidential documents
– Assist with event planning
– An understanding of client confidentiality
– Ability to work independently or as part of a team
– Perform other duties as required
The following would also be considered an asset:
– Knowledge of the Newfoundland and Canadian Apprenticeship Programs
– Experience working with diverse groups
– Experience with working in a not-for-profit setting
Application deadline: June 1st, 2023 (by 4:30 pm)
Anticipated start date: June 19th, 2023
To apply for this position send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via
Where you’ll work: The Office to Advance Women Apprentices (OAWA) is committed to supporting and advancing women in the skilled trades. OAWA provides ongoing support to tradeswomen seeking work or already employed in the skilled trades. This includes providing career services, employment supports, and networking opportunities for tradeswomen. OAWA has partnerships with employers, trades unions, government, and training institutions to assist in accomplishing these goals. Since its inception in 2009, OAWA has played an integral role in advocating for equity and inclusion in the workplace in various construction, manufacturing and industrial settings for women across Newfoundland and Labrador.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and
respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without
discrimination on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected
If you require accommodation during the recruitment process or require this job advertisement in an
alternative format, please contact Lori at email@example.com or (709) 757-5430.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org